The party was over. The dj was announcing the last of the door prizes and I was loading up the props. On my way down the hotel corridor I passed a dashing young man in a rapidly accelerating state of dishevelment standing just outside the ballroom. He talked on a cell phone while being swarmed by an elegant and very agile young woman wearing a feverishly pink ball gown.
"Hi, mom? Yeah, it looks like the gala's going to run really late tonight and... nono, you go ahead and lock up for the night. I can crash at a buddy's place..."
There are those who believe that lying is never acceptable under any circumstances, and I respect that. If I hadn't believed in the concept of greater good before last night, though, I feel confident that I would now.
- Everybody's going to see this title, aren't they?
- Did you even read this title?
- My people do write the quaintest titles though, do...
- Now I just need to make this title more interestin...
- Where did I put that list of titles?
- Of course my titles are fair trade.
- I found this title in the clearance bin marked Sli...
- Too much title? Or not enough?
- AAA1 Quality Blog, Ltd: Titles You Can Trust
- This title needs a little work.
- I have written this title before.
- Have I written this title before?
- ▼ January (12)