Ten reasons you should take an overnight trip:
1) Hotels and motels typically provide a few choice, free toiletries. Most of us will go anywhere and, yes, pay anything for free stuff.
2) Look around you. You already knew what you were going to see before you did that, didn't you?
3) The internet needs to test your love. Let it set you free so you can come back to it. Only then will it know that you truly belong to it.
4) It's one freaking night. You can even purchase dairy freely without worrying about it spoiling while you're away.
5) You know how the dog freaks out and loses it's mind with joy if you're gone even slightly longer than it's used to your being gone? You know you love it. You know you want it.
6) It doesn't matter how high your resolution is or how expensive your monitor was, you can't really tell how much greener the grass is on the other side unless you go there yourself.
7) There's somewhere within driving distance you've never been.
8) Money was invented to be spent.
9) Some of the greatest adventures known to human kind were undertaken by people who were completely broke.
10) You might meet a magical leprechaun! Yeah okay, but the odds of meeting one do significantly improve when you leave your living room.
BONUS REASON: When you come home you get to log in and find out people have been saying nice things about you behind your back.
People like brndoutw8ress who gave me this:
Which only just happens to be my firstest everest award in my whole blog-life.
And also people like Oh My Goddess who gave me this:
Which is The Goddess Award* Lucky Friday the 13th Edition, and which looked a lot better on her blog because it was all spinny and shiny and cute and stuff but then like every other non-carnivorous thing I get my hands on, as soon as I transplanted it the thing just died. Mine is a nurturing soul, but I've come to accept the fact that if I can't feed a thing meat, it won't survive my care giving attempts.
So the first thingy has a thingy where you have to do a thingy and elect seven more people to do the thingy and I'm not very talented with thingies of that nature, so the right thing for me to do would be to decline that award. No way in hell. It's my first award and I'm flattered and I'm keeping it unethically and that's all there is to it, so, y'know, if anyone's out there sputtering with indignation, you just go ahead and call the blog police now. There's the full confession.
And I'm sorry I killed The Goddess Award, but I will display that corpse with great pride as well.
Anyway I'm right flippin' tickled. These women and their blogs are oh so holy cool, and more often than not I just boggle that people even consider my posts reasonably coherent. Thanks you two, and if I ever figure out whatever the hell it is I did right I'll make sure I keep doing it!
12 hours ago