Monday, March 19, 2012

Write a title... done. Hey, that was the only thing on the list. Oh well, done is done. Cookie please!

Perfectly Valid Reasons to be Happy

Your gloves happen to have the exact same number of fingers as your hands do.

Turns out the scary thing in the back of your fridge hasn't even expired yet.

The bell rang before it was your turn.

The *dog cleaned up what the cat did before you could even get a cloth.

The neighbourhood realtor came through with the free calendar just before you broke down and bought one.
 
The person leaving the stall you're next in line for was just in there cleaning it.

Shake shake shake, and now you're Not! out of ink!

Getting to read awesome blogs like The Smitten Image   injaynesworld  and That Blue Yak

Getting to **shamelessly promote your friends.

Not only is galoshes a real word, but there are actual things actually called galoshes.

You beat your boss to the elevator and got to push the button first.

Surprise! Free refill!

*if you don't get this one, just let it go.  For the best. Trust me.
** yes, that means I'll probably do it again, so don't even think your blog is safe just because you don't see it here

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I borrow your dog?

Anonymous said...

That's odd, a condom has the exact same number of....oh forget it.

Mark said...

Are you that competitive with your boss?
Love this list!
m.

Deanna said...

Here's your cookie! Good un.

Brian Miller said...

hehe galoshes...i am going to use that word like 20 times today...

injaynesworld said...

Getting a shout-out from you -- better than a free refill -- unless it's for my gas tank. Then, well, obviously... Thanks, my friend.

I'm With Stupid said...

Free refills of beer? That would be really special!

Jay

Dr Zibbs said...

Awwww yeah!!! Shout out to me! Dr Zibbs. From THAT BLUE YAK!

Unknown said...

We travel in similar circles. I love Jayne's blog! And I love your list!!

Hilary said...

Aww aren't you a sweetie! Thanks. :)

I totally get the dog/cat thing. Dog earn their keep.

I'll see your galoshes and raise you one jalopy.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was my hands that had the same number of fingers as my gloves. Ok, I'll do it your way.
~Mary

Rita said...

What is it with dogs?
Great blog friends and love yours! :)

Jenners said...

Dogs are helpful that way.

Nicky said...

Wait, your gloves have the same number of fingers as your hands?!

*sigh*

Secret Agent Woman said...

Ew. Unfortunately, I did get that one!

Kathy G said...

Much wisdom here :-)

HermanTurnip said...

"dog cleaned up what the cat did before you could even get a cloth."

Oh, how I wished we owned a dog at times like this ;-)

Great line! Hehehe....

mamahasspoken said...

Being happy that you woke up and realize that it's not a work day and you can stay in bed as long as you want. Being happy that you did your income taxes and you didn't have to pay in this year. Oh wait you're from Canada, do you have to pay income taxes :o/

Anonymous said...

Add to that list: an extra-large pour on that much-needed glass of wine at the local tavern. Thanks for your comment on my post -- love your blog!

PAPS said...

What do I say. will keep your thoughts handy.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Unknown said...

My dogs eat my cat's poo and then turn their noses up at dog food. Strange creatures...

TheFrogBag said...

This is a perfect list. I would be even happier if I lived somewhere that I could wear gloves. I have some with little embroidered sheep on them, and that makes me happy too.

Buckeroomama said...

Hahaha, I could totally relate to feeling happy at quite a number of these! Sometimes it's just the little things...

Scott said...

"The dog cleaned up what the cat did..."--I definitely get it!

This is one of the most original, ingeniously written blogs I've ever encountered!


About Me

My photo
Alberta, Canada
Quality blog entertainments delivered in a convenient, electronic format, and widely read by the sexiest, most intelligent, and wittiest people on the internet - all of whom practice exemplary personal hygiene.