Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Maybe I should recycle all the titles from my old blog.

Very good people expressed themselves very honestly to me in very kind and thoughtful ways. Wow. You sure learn a lot when people do that.

I learned that humility can be a very selfish thing. I didn't want to deal with the attention of making a public statement that I was deleting my old journal so I didn't make one. I just deleted it.

Fortunately for me many good people from that community had my e-mail address and were able to communicate to me just how messed up a thing that was to do to people. So I un-did what I had done and wrote an entry and was very gratified by everyone's understanding and whaddayaknow - they knew me. They knew not to go the great galloping goodbye drama route, and whaddayaknow - there was closure for me in their kind good wishes as well. Closure I probably wouldn't have known I'd needed until it was too late had I not been reminded that I had a responsibility to provide it to others. There also were more people interested in keeping touch than I'd even begun to imagine, so there was even a very great reward for learning my lesson.

All that time invested had already paid off, I knew that. I didn't expect the fat bonus at the end, though.

I am so grateful for good people.

10 comments:

birdybooty said...

You're awesome!

-R

monix said...

Hi, I don't have an email address for you so have to hope you'll read this. You won the book in my draw, so please would you email me your details so that I can send it to you?
Maureen

scandata said...

Glad I caught your new location before the LJ blog was deleted.

Theresa said...

hey super cat, come post for your mom... cause she is real busy somewhere else ...

smirk

love
t

Unknown said...

I'll try to keep up. And tell Max I don't know where spring is either.

Unknown said...

Psssttt...

Laura = DaughterofOdhin.... ooops...

tattytiara said...

Ah ha! Thanks for the heads up, Laura!

...and I'm working on it, T, and thanks Birdy!

Melissa said...

I am so grateful you are still blogging! :)

tattytiara said...

Thank you gusty!

madam_sassy_pants said...

oh, btw. I started at the beginning here. I'll just be lurking my way to present. Hope you don't mind.


About Me

My photo
Alberta, Canada
Quality blog entertainments delivered in a convenient, electronic format, and widely read by the sexiest, most intelligent, and wittiest people on the internet - all of whom practice exemplary personal hygiene.