Saturday, May 10, 2008

This title took forever to write.


I designed this card well over a year ago, and it's only just today seen the light of Etsy. Obviously modeled after Man Ray's "Le Violon d’Ingres", the cat that inspired it was ironically my Siamese Keaton. His nickname was also Kiki.

Speaking of cats, of course, I do believe Andy is responding to treatment. His paw is still gory looking, but he's limping less and it's not inflamed and angry looking anymore. Just very very injured.

Now the lawnmower's sick. At least I think so. It was shaking like a chihuahua confronting a hairbrush. I'm thinking I should have it looked at before it does something silly like spit it's spinning blade of destruction at my neck.

Oh yeah and congratulations to me! Yesterday I had my first sale since I've been back in business at Etsy. Good ol' Chalkie, he never lets me down.

7 comments:

Mary Richmond said...

love your card and the violin. i played violin for years and love my cats....nice picture!

thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

tattytiara said...

Oh thank you! I'm really happy with how they turned out.

I play/have played a few instruments including the similarly tuned mandolin, but the violin was actually my grandfather's - he and my grandmother met playing in the same dance band back around 1920 or so. It's Very! precious to me.

Unknown said...

congratulations on your first sale since coming back :)

The Nature Nut said...

Chalkie is cool! Welcome back to Etsy! (I had purchased one of your inextricably yours cards for valentines 2007 under my kraftymomma user ...I still keep it because I really like it).

Tizzalicious said...

I love the cards!

And congrats on your sale!

scandata said...

I'm happy that Andy's paw is getting better.

tattytiara said...

Thanks for the congrats and compliments! It really does go a long way to making me feel back in the game. Thanks especially for the note about the inextricably yours card, nature nut. Now that my printer's finally behaving I've been thinking about bringing that back into the shop as well.

...and of course thank you for the kind words about Andy, Mike.


About Me

My photo
Alberta, Canada
Quality blog entertainments delivered in a convenient, electronic format, and widely read by the sexiest, most intelligent, and wittiest people on the internet - all of whom practice exemplary personal hygiene.