I recently met a woman who, like myself, works out of her home. She told me that she gets up at the same time every morning, goes through her normal morning routine, and gets dressed and ready for work just like she would if she worked in a public office.
I told her "Yeah, I don't do that."
I admire the ethic. It's an attractive ethic. Exactly the kind of ethic you can stand back, have a nice long look at, and say "Yep, damn fine ethic, that" about.
There's no way in hell I can emulate that ethic. I'm the girl who decided that a large enough sweater could turn a pair of flannel pajamas into a three piece ensemble back when I worked the sales floor of a furniture store. The likelihood of my wearing pants before noon any day that I don't have to leave the house is right up there with, well, probably the likelihood of my getting hired to sell furniture again any time soon.
So any time you're in the Edmonton area and have a pressing need for a magician or some other kind of live entertainment give me a call. You won't be talking to just another suit in a headset. In fact I'll let you picture me wearing anything you want.
My flannel's getting humid just thinking about it.
- ► 2010 (48)
- This title is actually for a different entry.
- Bet you weren't expecting this title!
- Wait - you mean everyone can see this title?
- This Title is in Accordance With CRTC Canadian Con...
- Remember the first time you read this title?
- Express what this title means using only your face...
- Guess what I was wearing when I wrote this title?
- Ten reasons it took over a year to write this titl...
- ▼ October (8)